WORK STATISTICS AND CASE STUDIES COVERING THE PERIOD 1998-2015
- Some 150 VAT zero rate tonnage measurements of residential motor barges.
- Some 200 Dutch, English and other EU motor and sailing barge surveys for out of water purchase, insurance and repair, valuation, machinery and sea trials, in-water inspections, etc. etc.
- 100 canal narrow boat and other inland UK canal craft surveys of all types.
- 90 house boat surveys (static barges etc.)
- 120 other vessels and projects (commercial, yachts, pontoons, marinas, work boats, small craft etc. etc.)
- One particularly large project was the valuation of a marina for clients interested in its purchase.
- A second large project was design and oversight involvement of the rescue from dereliction of an historic 1897 steel Spritsail Sailing barge into a motorised houseboat fit enough in all respects to do a sea voyage to Bembridge ,I of W, from London under her own original engine power.
- In 2013 BMA was tasked with surveying some of the Fleet of Environment Agency workboats, barges, and other craft on the non-tidal River Thames. This has involved detailed hull condition investigations in Sunbury and Osney dry docks.
- In 2014 we undertook a big project to upgrade and repair a 40 metre LOA/200 Tonnes Belgian Spitz Motor Barge, involving 2 slipway surveys in-water surveys, machinery trials, voyage deliveries, repair management and design services.
- Some vessels surveyed in 2016-2020.
DB Friendship at Ipswich DB Ganges DB Gouje at Brentford DB Maja at St Jean de Losne DB Progress at Greenwich DB Spes at Strand tidal grid DB Spes at Thames tidal grid DB Verwachyig at MSO Dutch Kruiser Enterprise London House Boat Little Venice NB La Rose at GUC Denham Vintage Dutch Motor Boat at Brentford Yacht Gazela at Woodbridge Widebeam Cruiser survey, Whilton marina Houseboat barge survey, MSO Brentford tidal grid. DB 'De Ark' in a field near Henley. Vintage wood motor yacht.R Thames. Birchwood 360 Pre purchase survey, Suffolk. IA in attendance. A Narrow Boat pre-purchase survey, with defects and shortcomings found. RT in attendance. Boat pre-purchase survey.
Copyright © Bowen Marine Surveys Year