Services we offer in U/K and Europe are:
- Survey, repair oversight, valuation and certification of small steel hulled ships of all shapes and sizes up to 45m OA/ 500 tonnes displacement, a speciality
- Survey of GRP/FRP hulled yachts and motor vessels for insurance and pre-purchase
- Particular detailed advice given to "first time buyers" based on our long experience and understanding of the problems involved with being faced with unknown "mine fields" that exist in the purchasing experience
- Particular specialized expertise is offered in vintage riveted steel/iron hulls, sailing and power
- Traditional sailing barge rig surveys, repair, and build oversight
- Inland and Off-shore vessel deliveries in UK and Europe. Charter skippers and charter code examiners
- Marine engineering technology and consultancy for new build projects, repair, conversions, upgrades, and forensic investigations of breakdowns and accidents to machinery
- Machinery trials alongside and underway
- Riparian facility valuations and consultancy (moorings, marinas etc)
- Safety certificate examiners (BW/EA-BSS etc). CHARTER CODE CERTIFICATION and tonnage measurements for 'Part I' registration and for Zero Rate VAT Certification
- Design services and project management
- Expertise in Dutch manufactured, oil fired heating and cooking equipment for barges and houseboats
Our Insurance Cover:
- We hold full Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) for the above services.
- Our reports are approved by all major Marine Insurance Companies and Barge Brokers.
We often find Leeboard Winches rusty,ungreased and unloved.
Even the Survey Dog went "Woof" on seeing this one.
Tidal Grid Surveys undertaken.
Barge repair oversight after high pressure blasting.
Sometimes we need to call for overplate to be put on. Click here to see what happened next to this ship.
Sailing barge charter skipper and crew.
Charter Barge voyages.
Geoff checking the shell plate thickness of an old Belgian 'Sptz' Barge'.